Fees, Policies & Travel Information
2-Day Seminar Fee
$895 early registration (when payment is received at least 45 days prior to the seminar). Fee includes tuition, coffee breaks, learning materials, follow up, and an autographed book by Joan Detz. $995 standard tuition. Payment confirms registration and is required before the seminar.
Saturday Workshop Fee
$445 early registration (when payment is received at least 45 days prior to the workshop). $545 standard tuition.
Class size is strictly limited so you can receive personalized attention. Classes have sold out weeks, even months, in advance. To avoid the waiting list, register early.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.
- All cancellations are subject to a service fee: two-day seminars $150; Saturday workshops, $75.
- If your cancellation is received two weeks or more prior to the training, you will receive a refund of your payment minus the service fee.
- If you cancel less than two weeks prior to the training, you are responsible for half of your tuition payment.
- No-shows will be billed the full amount.
- If you cannot attend and choose to send a substitute, no service fee will apply.
Please note: If a seminar or workshop had to be cancelled, you would be contacted promptly. No responsibility could be assumed for any travel arrangements you might have purchased.
Save $ with travel costs
Flying into Philly? SEPTA regional rail offers fast, convenient and inexpensive train service connecting Philadelphia Airport with “Suburban Station” (just two short blocks from the seminar hotel). Visit the SEPTA website for more information.
If you’d like to coordinate a business trip, Amtrak provides frequent service to NYC and DC. Ask Amtrak about various discounts (AAA, etc). Embassy Suites is a short walk or very short cab ride from Philly’s 30th Street Amtrak Station.
Embassy Suites offers a full breakfast buffet and afternoon reception to all overnight guests.
Now available: Embassy Suites rooms reserved specifically for Joan Detz’s programs at special group rates.
The Philadelphia speechwriting seminars are held on Ben Franklin Parkway in Center City, near:
- Franklin Institute of Science … the most visited museum in Pennsylvania (with its indoor SkyBike, giant walk-through Heart Exhibit, and Fels Planetarium shows)
- The Academy of Natural Sciences … the oldest natural history museum in the Western Hemisphere
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art … Run the steps like “Rocky”. (And don’t miss the spectacular view at the rear of the museum along Boathouse Row.)
- National Constitution Center and Independence National Historic Park
- Visit Discover Philadelphia for more Philadelphia attractions.
Plus, you’re just a short drive from the historic battlefields of Valley Forge and Brandywine … Longwood Gardens … Winterthur Museum and Gardens, the 175-room former home of Francis du Pont … the Amish farmlands of scenic Lancaster County … and HersheyPark. Go to Visit Pennsylvania for more information.Seminar & Workshop Registration